We recommend that you take a bottle of water that can be closed, a notebook and a pen. You can also bring coloured pencils if you want. Usually you don't need anything else.
Dive deeply into the presence and vibration of the Universe.
The kashmiri tantra is a very deep and original approach to sexuality that implies the union with the totality. Several practices of visualization, the dance of Tandava and yoga of touch will be explored during this seminar.
Daniel Odier teaches Kashmiran tantra from the Kaula tradition in accordance with the transmission he received from his master, the yogi Lalita Devi. It is a practice which unites sitting meditation with movement.
Daniel Odier became a disciple of Kalou Rinpoché in 1968. He followed his teachings and received the Mahamûdra transmission. Pursuing his earlier interest in Chan (the Chinese zen of origins), he studied the correlation between Tantra and Ch'an, inspired by the work of the Chinese hermit Chien Ming Chen who he met in Kalimpong in 1968.
Some years later in the Himalayas Dan iel followed the teachings of his Kashmiri master, the yogi Lalita Devî who also gave him the Mahamûdra transmission as well as some of the most profound mystical teachings of the Pratyabhijnâ and Spanda schools of the Kaula tradition.
Daniel taught Tantrism and Buddhism in several American universities before founding the Tantra/Chan centre in Paris, in 1995. In 2000, he disbanded this centre in order to encourage independent practice and today he gives workshops and seminars throughout the world.
His books on tantrism, which have been translated into eight languages, deal with the most profound aspects of the Shivaite tantric path and of Chan. Daniel Odier has also written numerous novels, essays and poems.
In 2002, Daniel received ordination in the Zen Soto tradition from Kosen Sensei, in Catalonia. In China in 2004, Daniel received the transmission of the Zhao Zhou (778-897) lineage from the great Chinese Chan master Jing Hui, dharma heir of Xu Yun (1839-1959), holder of the five Chan lineages, and considered to be the greatest Chan master of the 20 th century. Now a recognised Sifu (Chan master), Dan iel brings together in his teachings the two paths which have affected him the most deeply. He offers a form of secular Buddhism which is directly connected to everyday reality and which embodies the essence of Chan.
Workshop dates & description
400 EUR if paid after 16.4.Sign Up
Cosmic sexuality in Kashmiri tantra
23. – 26.4.2020
Daniel Odier teaches Kashmiran tantra from the Kaula tradition in accordance with the transmission he received from his master, the yogi Lalita Devi. This lineage goes back to the Mahasiddhas, and in particular to Matsyendranath, author of the Kaulajnananirna tantra.
This age-old tradition, closely linked to the shivaism of the Indus valley, teaches a form of yoga which has now virtually disappeared. It is a practice in three parts which unites sitting meditation with movement.
In the first stage, the practitioner learns to meditate by allowing the body to be present in space, using gentle free and non-directed movements, which are connected to abdominal breathing, and which follow the pattern of infinity.
In the second stage, the practitioner allows the arms discover the spherical space surrounding the body, which also participates fully and fluidly.
In the third stage, the practitioner stands and begins the sacred dance of Shiva, known as Tandava . This is a dance with free and extremely slow movements which gradually lose any muscular tension and sense of volition. In this way, the practitioner discovers his original capacity for freedom in space, on which all tantric exercises are based. It is a discipline which is both easy to understand and hard to master as it introduces a spatial awareness on three planes : that of the body, the mind and the emotions.
The workshops are mainly dedicated to this practice. Time is also given for questions and answers. Certain visualisation exercises are added to complement the spatial awareness experienced through the dance of Shiva.
One day is spent exploring the yoga of touch which is an integral part of the dance and which is based on the same principles of spatial awareness and absence of volition. In every workshop, one or more days are experienced in silence in order to enable the heart to heart transmission of the teachings of the Kaula tradition to take place.
The program of the 4 days will be: 2 first days based on Tandava and general teaching. During the 2 second days, there will be tandava and general teaching as well as yoga of touch. The program will be precisely decided during the workshop by Daniel depending of the group.
The yoga of touch or Kashmirian massage is part of the practices of the Spanda, or vibration path. The practice will dissolve the duality by introducing the subtle vibration of Spanda into the body and introduce him to the fusion with the cosmos. Its a very subtle practice where we will learn the marmas or secret points that are related to the practice of Tandava, the mystical dance of Shiva/Shakti.
Workshop is English/Czech translation.
About MAITREA - the organizer
Welcome to Prague, the most beautiful city of Europe
MAITREA was founded in 2006. It aims to provide space for those who feel the need for personal development and self-realization. It’s pleasure for us that you decided to visit the workshop here, in Prague. We hope that, you’ll get a lot of great experience, and have a great time here.
Let’s introduce our projects:
- House of Personal Development - Space for experiential seminars, workshops and massages
- Vegetarian restaurant - Beautifully designed restaurant with delicious vegetarian, vegan and raw food
- Publishing house - Books, documentary films and audio soundtracks focused on personal development
- Kindergarten - Harmonious development of a pre-school aged child based on R. Steiner’s principals
- AVALOKA – school of martial arts - The school of Japanesse martial arts, zen meditation, calligraphy and other arts
- Magazine Online - magazine full of interviews of our workshop teachers
It is convenient to wear a comfortable clothing in which you feel good. You can change on site (especially for dance and movement focused seminars.) There are blankets available on site. You can also use the shower if necessary (can be found on the same floor as the seminar rooms).
Small snacks (biscuits, muesli bars, etc.) can be bought on site. Coffee, tea and filtered tap water are available. We take drinks in the seminar rooms only in closed bottles. An adjoining kitchen is designed for consuming refreshments. We recommend to bring your water or tea in a plastic bottle or thermos. If you forget about that, you can buy bottled water on the spot.
For lunch or dinner you can go to our vegetarian restaurant MAITREA. We recommend booking your seat at the phone number: +420 221 711 631 (11.30 am - 11 pm). If booking for a larger group, count with the so-called GROUP OFFER, where there is a choice of about 6 meals, and you will not be waiting for a long time. Reservation is reserved for you only 15 minutes from the agreed time.
Other alternatives: Country life (www.countrylife.cz), BEAS DHABA (www.beas-dhaba.cz), GIALLO ROSSA pizzeria (www.giallorossa.cz)
We are surrounded by the blue residential area. Parking (paid) is possible only in the shopping malls Kotva and Palladium, also in the Rudolfinum building (we recommend to leave the car in the P + R parking lot and to reach us by subway). In front of MAITREA, only short stops for getting off and unloading are possible.
- Tram 5, 8, 14 - station Dlouhá třída: Then walk along Dlouhá street direction Old Town Square, turn the fourth lane left and there you are in Týnská ulička.
- Metro A/B (green/yellow) - station Můstek: Then walk along Na můstku street and further into Melantrichova street until you reach to Old Town Square, pass the Jan Hus statue and walk into Dlouhá street and turn the first lane right.
- Metro A (green line) or tram 17, 18 - station Staroměstská: Then walk along Kaprova street to Old Town Square, pass the Jan Hus statue and walk into Dlouhá street and turn the first lane right and there you are in Týnská ulička.
- From Airport Letiště Václava Havla: Bus 119 to Nádraží Vokovice (green line) metro station, then earlier mentioned Metro Můstek (green line) station or Staroměstská (green line) station. Or you can take a taxi.
- From Florenc Bus station: Metro station Florenc to earlier mentioned Metro station Můstek.
- From Hlavní nádraží train station: Metro station Hlavní nádraží (red line) to Florenc (yellow line) metro station, then transfer to green line metro and go to Můstek (green/yellow line) metro station.
- Taxi: If you don’t like traveling by public transport, you can also take a taxi. Nonstop customer service is on phone number: 14 014. MAITREA's address is Týnská ulička 6/1064, 110 00 Prague 1.