We recommend that you take a bottle of water that can be closed, a notebook and a pen. You can also bring coloured pencils if you want. Usually you don't need anything else.
What you are fighting is growing...
November 9. - 13.
MAITREA, Týnská ulička 6
It is with great humility and infinite respect that, for the first time in the Czech Republic, we will welcome Charlotte and Pieter - direct students of Lama Tsultrim Allione, who will come to give us the technique of the ancient method of FYD (Feeding Your Demons).
5-day deeply self-discovery seminar.
The five-step process of FYD is based on the view that only real care of our dark sides and their nourishment can help us acquire the positive potential that lies within them.
Do you or your loved ones, or clients in your practice, suffer from problems such as depression, anxiety and fear, illness, eating disorders, addiction, relationship problems, self-hatred or anger? The practice of FYD calls them demons. The harder we fight them, the stronger they become. If we change our approach and give them the necessary care, we can be free from this fight once and for all.
Feeding Your Demons Method (FYD)
This method is based on ancient Tibetan Buddhist practices and teachings. It was developed to make the wisdom of these teachings accessible and usable in today's world. It is used in personal and professional life, from psychotherapy and medical care to solving everyday problems.
Demon feeding is a deep process of working with fears and limitations that you no longer have to fight. On the contrary! This ancient practice describes our obstacles in life as demons. By offering "your demons" what they really need, you allow them to turn into allies who can bring unprecedented benefits to your life.
By fostering deep compassion for all aspects of ourselves and those around us, this process brings harmony and integration across the entire spectrum of our being.
Lopön Charlotte Rotterdam
a Pieter Oosthuizen
Pieter Oosthuizen and Lopön Charlotte Rotterdam are longtime students of Tibetan Buddhism. They are senior teachers of meditation, practice of Demon Feeding (FYD), Chöd, and other Buddhist practices in the US and abroad. They teach at the Tara Mandala Buddhist Center, founded by Lama Tsultrim Allione.
Pieter earned his law degree in his native South Africa and is chairman of the board of Tara Mandala. Charlotte earned her master's degree from Harvard Theological School and is an instructor and director of the Center for the Development of Contemplative Education at Naropa University.
Together they lead Tara Mandala sangha. Their blog offers Dharmic reflections on modern life: (www.skymind.us).
Who is the training for?
This work transcends spiritual theories and serves as a meaningful tool for anyone who wishes to feel more emotional peace, regardless of religion or personal philosophy.
What will you learn in module 1?
The first training module serves as a self-experience seminar where you will master the Feeding Your Demnos technique for everyday practice.
You can follow up in two other modules with certification, yet Module 1 is an independent self-discovery workshop.
The FYD method is designed to deepen your personal spiritual practice and bring benefit and lasting transformation to you, your loved ones or your clients.
- Transformational meditation technique that can be integrated into everyday life
- You will learn what saps your energy and keeps your mind occupied
- You will learn to work with your personal and family demons
- You will understand your emotional patterns and how they affect your life
- You will get a unique tool that you can use with your clients in your therapeutic practice
- You will experience meditation practice, the practice of nine breaths, partner work in pairs, get to know history and philosophical roots, recognize demon types and learn about demons and creativity
Previous experience or knowledge of Buddhism and meditation is not necessary.
The workshop will be interpreted from English into Czech.
Date, Price, Venue, SIGN UP
FEEDING YOUR DEMONS
November 9. – 13.
Wed: 6.30PM – 8.30PM
THU-SAT: 9AM – 5PM, SUN: 9AM – 4PM
MAITREA, Týnská ulička 6, Praha 1
450EUR - 530EUR (base price)
Sign up early to get better price!
Contact Michaela for signing you in or more info:
MAITREA - the organizer
Welcome to Prague, the most beautiful city of Europe
MAITREA was founded in 2006. It aims to provide space for those who feel the need for personal development and self-realization. It’s pleasure for us that you decided to visit the workshop here, in Prague. We hope that, you’ll get a lot of great experience, and have a great time here.
Let’s introduce our projects:
- House of Personal Development - Space for experiential seminars, workshops and massages
- Vegetarian restaurant - Beautifully designed restaurant with delicious vegetarian, vegan and raw food
- Publishing house - Books, documentary films and audio soundtracks focused on personal development
- Kindergarten - Harmonious development of a pre-school aged child based on R. Steiner’s principals
- AVALOKA – school of martial arts - The school of Japanesse martial arts, zen meditation, calligraphy and other arts
- Magazine Online - magazine full of interviews of our workshop teachers
It is convenient to wear a comfortable clothing in which you feel good. You can change on site (especially for dance and movement focused seminars.) There are blankets available on site. You can also use the shower if necessary (can be found on the same floor as the seminar rooms).
Small snacks (biscuits, muesli bars, etc.) can be bought on site. Coffee, tea and filtered tap water are available. We take drinks in the seminar rooms only in closed bottles. An adjoining kitchen is designed for consuming refreshments. We recommend to bring your water or tea in a plastic bottle or thermos. If you forget about that, you can buy bottled water on the spot.
For lunch or dinner you can go to our vegetarian restaurant MAITREA. We recommend booking your seat at the phone number: +420 221 711 631 (11.30 am - 11 pm). If booking for a larger group, count with the so-called GROUP OFFER, where there is a choice of about 6 meals, and you will not be waiting for a long time. Reservation is reserved for you only 15 minutes from the agreed time.
Other alternatives: Country life (www.countrylife.cz), BEAS DHABA (www.beas-dhaba.cz), GIALLO ROSSA pizzeria (www.giallorossa.cz)
We are surrounded by the blue residential area. Parking (paid) is possible only in the shopping malls Kotva and Palladium, also in the Rudolfinum building (we recommend to leave the car in the P + R parking lot and to reach us by subway). In front of MAITREA, only short stops for getting off and unloading are possible.
- Tram 5, 8, 14 - station Dlouhá třída: Then walk along Dlouhá street direction Old Town Square, turn the fourth lane left and there you are in Týnská ulička.
- Metro A/B (green/yellow) - station Můstek: Then walk along Na můstku street and further into Melantrichova street until you reach to Old Town Square, pass the Jan Hus statue and walk into Dlouhá street and turn the first lane right.
- Metro A (green line) or tram 17, 18 - station Staroměstská: Then walk along Kaprova street to Old Town Square, pass the Jan Hus statue and walk into Dlouhá street and turn the first lane right and there you are in Týnská ulička.
- From Airport Letiště Václava Havla: Bus 119 to Nádraží Vokovice (green line) metro station, then earlier mentioned Metro Můstek (green line) station or Staroměstská (green line) station. Or you can take a taxi.
- From Florenc Bus station: Metro station Florenc to earlier mentioned Metro station Můstek.
- From Hlavní nádraží train station: Metro station Hlavní nádraží (red line) to Florenc (yellow line) metro station, then transfer to green line metro and go to Můstek (green/yellow line) metro station.
- Taxi: If you don’t like traveling by public transport, you can also take a taxi. Nonstop customer service is on phone number: 14 014. MAITREA's address is Týnská ulička 6/1064, 110 00 Prague 1.