We recommend that you take a bottle of water that can be closed, a notebook and a pen. You can also bring coloured pencils if you want. Usually you don't need anything else.
What is your real talent?
Expressing our own unique creativity is one of the most powerful experiences we can have in life.
Yet some of us have grown up believing that we are not creative.
Everyone is creative. It's our nature. Most of the time we just haven't had access to the right guidance to be able to understand and develop our talents.
Gillian Ferrabee, professional coach and advisor to creators and innovators, long-time director of Cirque du Soleil's Creative Lab, is coming to the Czech Republic for the first time to guide us through all the nooks and crannies of the creative process.
Who is the workshop suitable for?
This workshop is for everyone; from shy aspiring creatives to professional creatives. It offers a safe environment for playful exploration of one's own creativity in creatiing and in life.
What will I get?
You'll form your own unique creative language and gain a set of tools to support you in executing your creative projects with ease and joy.
The style of the workshop is experiential and educational. We will immerse ourselves in exercises and discussions as well as engage in two ten-minute meditations together and have several (optional) dance breaks.
The first part
We'll explore here:
- Playfulness and how to get into it
- The neuroscience of playfulness and creativity - a force that supports transformation and learning
- the unique aspects of one's personality
- how to apply playfulness in all areas of your life
- how to increase your creativity and ability to collaborate
The second part
In the second part we will focus on the creative process itself. Understanding its structure is particularly useful when we want to fulfil our big dreams and realise complex projects. We will learn about the 6 stages of the process and how to identify your natural talent. We will also work with tools for transforming fear within the creative process.
You will leave this workshop with a clear understanding of your own creative talents and a new set of tools to increase your joy in creating and to make your creative projects and dreams come to life more effectively.
Gillian began her professional career at the age of 19 as a performer. She toured North America and Europe for ten years with various innovative dance and theatre companies. She then transitioned to a new acting career in television, film and new media in productions in Canada and the US. She has also worked in casting, as an acting coach and film producer.
In 2004, the Cirque du Soleil team invited her to join their international casting team. She accepted the offer and traveled the world for eight years scouting for exceptional talent. She was on the team in charge of recruiting artists for the company's 22 shows as well as developing strategies for exploring new trends in art, design and performing arts. In 2012, she was promoted again to the position of Creative Lab Director at Cirque du Soleil Media. From 2012-2016, she led the team in the development and co-production of award-winning projects in television, film and new media with Ubisoft, Google Chrome, Samsung, Netflix, Discovery Kids and others.
She also completed a two-year intensive transformational leadership program at the Hendricks Institute in California in 2012. She currently lives with her partner Erik Iversen in Brazil and Canada.
In 2017, Gillian founded her own company, Kite Parade Co, where she develops the field of conscious leadership and implementation of Genius CreativityTM teams.
The Alchemy of Creativity
4th October 2023
Wednesday 10AM - 6PM (time of lunch break will be specified on the spot)
MAITREA, Týnská ulička 6, Prague 1, Czech Republic
It is convenient to wear a comfortable clothing in which you feel good. You can change on site (especially for dance and movement focused seminars.) There are blankets available on site. You can also use the shower if necessary (can be found on the same floor as the seminar rooms).
Small snacks (biscuits, muesli bars, etc.) can be bought on site. Coffee, tea and filtered tap water are available. We take drinks in the seminar rooms only in closed bottles. An adjoining kitchen is designed for consuming refreshments. We recommend to bring your water or tea in a plastic bottle or thermos. If you forget about that, you can buy bottled water on the spot.
For lunch or dinner you can go to our vegetarian restaurant MAITREA. We recommend booking your seat at the phone number: +420 221 711 631 (11.30 am - 11 pm). If booking for a larger group, count with the so-called GROUP OFFER, where there is a choice of about 6 meals, and you will not be waiting for a long time. Reservation is reserved for you only 15 minutes from the agreed time.
Other alternatives: Country life (www.countrylife.cz), BEAS DHABA (www.beas-dhaba.cz), GIALLO ROSSA pizzeria (www.giallorossa.cz)
We are surrounded by the blue residential area. Parking (paid) is possible only in the shopping malls Kotva and Palladium, also in the Rudolfinum building (we recommend to leave the car in the P + R parking lot and to reach us by subway). In front of MAITREA, only short stops for getting off and unloading are possible.
- Tram 5, 8, 14 - station Dlouhá třída: Then walk along Dlouhá street direction Old Town Square, turn the fourth lane left and there you are in Týnská ulička.
- Metro A/B (green/yellow) - station Můstek: Then walk along Na můstku street and further into Melantrichova street until you reach to Old Town Square, pass the Jan Hus statue and walk into Dlouhá street and turn the first lane right.
- Metro A (green line) or tram 17, 18 - station Staroměstská: Then walk along Kaprova street to Old Town Square, pass the Jan Hus statue and walk into Dlouhá street and turn the first lane right and there you are in Týnská ulička.
- From Airport Letiště Václava Havla: Bus 119 to Nádraží Vokovice (green line) metro station, then earlier mentioned Metro Můstek (green line) station or Staroměstská (green line) station. Or you can take a taxi.
- From Florenc Bus station: Metro station Florenc to earlier mentioned Metro station Můstek.
- From Hlavní nádraží train station: Metro station Hlavní nádraží (red line) to Florenc (yellow line) metro station, then transfer to green line metro and go to Můstek (green/yellow line) metro station.
- Taxi: If you don’t like traveling by public transport, you can also take a taxi. Nonstop customer service is on phone number: 14 014. MAITREA's address is Týnská ulička 6/1064, 110 00 Prague 1.