How do our initial experiences influence us in our lives?
Birth is our first and absolutely crucial experience. The ways that we come into the world create imprints which we unconsciously express constantly in our behavior. Have you noticed repetative situations in your life that are reappearing regularly whatever you do about them? Or do you sometimes find yourself reacting to some situations with strange inner feelings? Those may be moments when your Birth Imprints are speaking through you.
Birth & Embodiment is a program dealing mainly with the two-year period from before conception through the first year of life (Birth with a capital B) and its consequences. The primal imprints created within us during Birth affect and often limit our lives, because they are not yet recognised or understood. As we become aware and learn to care about them, these impacts may begin to transform, then the world can become a more beautiful and pleasant place to be.
Jullian Gustavson is the developer and the main facilitator of Birth&Embodiment courses. Like everyone who studies Birth, Jullian came to BirthWork through his unique personal life circumstances. As a faculty member in an energetic healing school, and as a Craniosacral therapist he understood the value of regular psychotherapy.
In 1999 Jullian became concerned about being a parent, which was not happening for he and his partner. It was recommended that he join a group of psychotherapists in a Pre- & Perinatal Trauma Therapy training being held in Switzerland. Through these trainings he studied his own Birth intensely, and that of others. For several years Jullian traveled with some world-class educators assisting and co-facilitating Craniosacral and Prenatal Trauma therapy courses. Among others his influential mentors include Michael J. Shea PhD., Wm. Emerson PhD. and Karlton Terry. Jullian acquired many of his skills as a facilitator by osmosis in proximity to his mentors and then became an aficionado of Prenatal Trauma therapy in his own right. In 2009 he began leading his own BirthWork programs independently entitled Integrative Birth Dynamics Practice.
815 EUR if paid after 29.7.
890 EUR if paid after 28.9.Sign Up
BirthWork I – A Training in Embodiment
14.10.2020 – 4.4.2021
After successful completion of the weekend Imprints, Experience and Practice events, the next step for some of us is to join the BirthWork Training which is the heart of the Birth&Embodiment program. The BirthWork Training has evolved out of the Embodiment Team’s personal initiative to continue exploring the origins of suffering, for the sake of liberation. There is great dedication on the part of the highly developed E-Team to support the BirthWork of Trainees who will follow.
The rewards of the BirthWork Training are manifold: deepening one’s personal process; delving into the mystery and trusting the Unknown; learning accurate empathy and affectionate curiosity; and appreciating the value of presence in relationship- where all healing happens.
Beyond supporting the Imprints, Experience and Practice events, more advanced learning opportunities for BirthWork Trainees include attending VideoReflection, TeamPractice, TeamStudies and Private BirthWork Sessions. Trainees will have access to collected Pre-&Perinatal Psychology literature compiled specifically for this BirthWork Training. A Team Handbook is provided for guidance including didactic material about BirthWork subjects.
(Autumn 2020 & Spring 2021)
Initiation - Befriending Birth Trauma and Mitigating the Effects of Shock
- befriending the primal trauma - great news! trauma is empowering
- vulnerability and defenclessness - working with the topic of security in a group, in individual work, from conception to 1st year of life
- selfcare - what is actually selfcare, how do I know what situations are needed
- identification of phase of primal wound
- working with boundaries - what are healthy boundaries, how to keep them in healthy way
- birth dynamics - stage of labor, lying side
- nervous system reaction
- signs of shock and its symptoms - the difference between shock and trauma and how to work with it
- restoration and repatterning of the nervous system
- video analysis and feedback
- body language and body sighns - how we talk about our birth
Exploration - Correlating Birth Experiences with Adult Behavior Patterns
- deepening the topics from the first module
- the impact of Birth and primal trauma on creating our inner setting
- birth interventions and their consequences (medication, birth induction, forceps, miscarriage, ...)
- wrong sex (ultrasound showed the birth of a boy, but a little girl was born) - what primal trauma does it cause and how to work with it?
- postpartum depression
- bonding and and creating of first contacts
- exploring the dynamics in the family and how it influences the primaal trauma, the basic character structures
- preparenting care, preparation for the treatment of primal trauma