We recommend that you take a bottle of water that can be closed, a notebook and a pen. You can also bring coloured pencils if you want. Usually you don't need anything else.
Open Heart, Open Mind
At the heart of Buddhist teachings lies the invitation to rest in our true nature, which is not other than the ground of being from which all things and all beings arise. In every moment of life – even in times of confusion and unrest – this ultimate refuge is accessible to us, offering us support, inspiration and a profound connection to all beings.
This ground also calls on us to open our hearts to all aspects of the human experience – even the most difficult emotions, people and situations.
"Don't search, don't practice, rest in your true nature."
21. - 23.6.2024
MAITREA, Týnská ulička 6, Prague 1, Czech Republic
Fri: 18:00 - 21:00
Sat + Sun: 9:00 - 17:00
*The training will be interpreted from English into Czech.
In this retreat you will:
- Receive Machig Labdrön’s wisdom teachings
- A practice that will inspire and guide you in your daily life after the retreat
- Learn an open awareness meditation practice
- Engage in exercises to hone attention and expand awareness
- Develop skillful methods for working with difficult emotions, revealing the insight that lies within them
- Practice Integration with Elements to connect us to earth, our bodies and spacious awareness
- Build and enjoy supportive community
- Relate these teachings directly to your life
In the tradition of the yogini Machig Labdrön
This retreat introduces nature of mind teachings and a meditation practice to access this ground of being in our direct experience. We will reflect on the profound verses of the great 11th century Tibetan yogini Machig Labdrön, and explore ways to make her timeless wisdom applicable in everyday life, awakening our innate wisdom, compassion, and the joy of living itself.
The teachings of Machig Labdrön have become known in large part through the work of Lama Tsultrim Allione who authorized Pieter and Charlotte as Senior Teachers within her lineage.
Dorje Lopön Charlotte Rotterdam & Lopön Pieter Oosthuizen
Lopön Pieter Oosthuizen and Dorje Lopön Charlotte Rotterdam are longtime students of Tibetan Buddhism. They are senior teachers of meditation, practice of Demon Feeding (FYD), Chöd, and other Buddhist practices in the US and abroad. They teach at the Tara Mandala Buddhist Center, founded by Lama Tsultrim Allione.
Pieter earned his law degree in his native South Africa and is chairman of the board of Tara Mandala. Charlotte earned her master's degree from Harvard Theological School and is an instructor and director of the Center for the Development of Contemplative Education at Naropa University.
Together they lead Tara Mandala sangha. Their blog offers Dharmic reflections on modern life: (www.skymind.us).
MAITREA - the organizer
MAITREA was founded in 2006. It aims to provide space for those who feel the need for personal development and self-realization. It’s pleasure for us that you decided to visit the workshop here, in Prague.
We hope that, you’ll get a lot of great experience, and have a great time here!
and get a discounted price
* No other discounts can be applied to early bird and last minute prices.
It is convenient to wear a comfortable clothing in which you feel good. You can change on site (especially for dance and movement focused seminars.) There are blankets available on site. You can also use the shower if necessary (can be found on the same floor as the seminar rooms).
Small snacks (biscuits, muesli bars, etc.) can be bought on site. Coffee, tea and filtered tap water are available. We take drinks in the seminar rooms only in closed bottles. An adjoining kitchen is designed for consuming refreshments. We recommend to bring your water or tea in a plastic bottle or thermos. If you forget about that, you can buy bottled water on the spot.
For lunch or dinner you can go to our vegetarian restaurant MAITREA. We recommend booking your seat at the phone number: +420 221 711 631 (11.30 am - 11 pm). If booking for a larger group, count with the so-called GROUP OFFER, where there is a choice of about 6 meals, and you will not be waiting for a long time. Reservation is reserved for you only 15 minutes from the agreed time.
Other alternatives: Country life (www.countrylife.cz), BEAS DHABA (www.beas-dhaba.cz), GIALLO ROSSA pizzeria (www.giallorossa.cz)
We are surrounded by the blue residential area. Parking (paid) is possible only in the shopping malls Kotva and Palladium, also in the Rudolfinum building (we recommend to leave the car in the P + R parking lot and to reach us by subway). In front of MAITREA, only short stops for getting off and unloading are possible.
- Tram 5, 8, 14 - station Dlouhá třída: Then walk along Dlouhá street direction Old Town Square, turn the fourth lane left and there you are in Týnská ulička.
- Metro A/B (green/yellow) - station Můstek: Then walk along Na můstku street and further into Melantrichova street until you reach to Old Town Square, pass the Jan Hus statue and walk into Dlouhá street and turn the first lane right.
- Metro A (green line) or tram 17, 18 - station Staroměstská: Then walk along Kaprova street to Old Town Square, pass the Jan Hus statue and walk into Dlouhá street and turn the first lane right and there you are in Týnská ulička.
- From Airport Letiště Václava Havla: Bus 119 to Nádraží Vokovice (green line) metro station, then earlier mentioned Metro Můstek (green line) station or Staroměstská (green line) station. Or you can take a taxi.
- From Florenc Bus station: Metro station Florenc to earlier mentioned Metro station Můstek.
- From Hlavní nádraží train station: Metro station Hlavní nádraží (red line) to Florenc (yellow line) metro station, then transfer to green line metro and go to Můstek (green/yellow line) metro station.
- Taxi: If you don’t like traveling by public transport, you can also take a taxi. Nonstop customer service is on phone number: 14 014. MAITREA's address is Týnská ulička 6/1064, 110 00 Prague 1.